Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prague

Hi there!

The last few days have been spent here in Prague. It is a really beautiful city with lots of different kinds of people. The folks here seem to be a little grumpy but I know I am to when all the tourists come to town. I was told before coming that this was a very inexpensive city, but I think those good days are mostly gone. The language barrier is not to bad, most people are very willing to try to speak English, and most of the younger people have at least a background in it, where the older folks don't seem to have as much. There is very little left of the comunist regime here, and it does seem to be getting very capitalistic. They certainly have the tourist trade down pat. Most menus have an english translation, and there are tons of pizza parlors.
Along with the pizza parlors there are also lots of dogs. Dogs everywhere of all shapes and sizes. I have noticed a lot of hairy Doxies. People don't seem to think they need to be on leashes though. They also take them on the metro and on the esclators. I never thought I would see a dog riding an esclator but it seems to be standard pratice here.
I'm off to try and find the Communist Museum now! Tomorrow Heather and I are headed to Milan while our friend Megan is going back to Edinburgh
I hope you are all doing well and I will try and update again soon.

Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A dog on an escalator... ha! That sounds really funny. Mmmmm pizza! I'm a little hungry now. Oh and don't worry I have been watching the Simpsons for you all and David and I are going to start watching Dr Who. See you when you get back to this side of the ocean. Ashley